in South India is considered as a practice by which there is constant
observation of the mind. It means focusing the mind on one point, stilling
the mind in order to perceive the Self. By stopping the waves of thought you
come to understand your true nature and discover the wisdom and tranquility
Benefits of Meditation
* It lowers oxygen consumption
* It decreases respiratory rate.
* increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
* Increases exercise tolerance in heart patients.
* Leads to a deeper level of relaxation.
* Good for people with high blood pressure as it brings the B.P. to normal.
* Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
* Decreases muscle tension (any pain due to tension) and headaches.
* Builds self-confidence.
* It increases serotonin production which influences mood and behavior. Low
levels of serotonin are associated with depression, obesity, insomnia and
headaches. Helps in chronic diseases like allergies , arthritis
Meditation centre in South India
Based on the teachings of the Mother and Sri Aurobindo, Auroville is a
unique international community striving towards the transformation of life
into the Supramental consciousness. Auroville is a spiritual experiment
based, not on any abandonment of the world, but on an active engagement with
life and matter.
The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers is a nonprofit
organization founded by Swami Vishnu Devnanda to spread the teachings of
Ayurveda - An Ancient Beauty
- By Kanchan Jha